Monday, November 29, 2010

Dwayne Johnson Was A 'violent' Youth

Faster star and former professional wrestler Dwayne Johnson says he used to get into trouble on the Pacific island of Hawaii for fighting, but insists his “poor decisions” never led to long-term disputes.
Faster star and former professional wrestler Dwayne Johnson says he used to get into trouble on the Pacific island of Hawaii for fighting, but insists his “poor decisions” never led to long-term disputes.

He said: “I was just always into violence when I was younger. I was just a real violent kid. “But growing up in Hawaii, it’s always lots of fighting and then everybody makes up – I love you, you love me, let’s have a beer; what about a barbecue?

“I didn’t come from a broken home, I had very loving parents. I was just making poor decisions.” However, his background did not inform his later career as an action star, as he wanted to work on other styles of film.

He told Total Film magazine: “I wanted to break out of the action genre. I stopped and said, ‘I’d like to do a comedy next,’ Then I’d like to do a little drama. It was just a matter of just resetting for a moment, taking a beat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment