Monday, November 29, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal Does Not See Himself As A 'Leading Man' in Showbiz
















Jake Gyllenhaal is a pretty modest dude. He says he doesn't see himself as a big time, "leading man" kind of actor in the ranks of huge stars like Tom Cruise. The real question, however, is: Is he currently Taylor Swift's leading man? Still no hints on that front, unfortunately.

Getting back to movies, he said: “I don’t see myself like a leading man at all. That’s very result-oriented. I’ve been like that at different times in my career, but at this point I’m not. I think people look at me like that bit, but I don’t. I’ve been the lead in lots of different movies but it’s never been about that.

“It’s funny, I as at some event for Prince Of Persia and Tom Cruise and Nicolas Cage were there. And there I was standing with them thinking ‘What the hell am I doing here?’ ”

Jake also admitted he likes to tackle a wide variety of characters in his movies because of advice he was given by his father many years ago. He told Total Film magazine: “My dad always says to me that the job of any artist is to disturb the comfortable and to comfort the disturbed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment